About Mr. Krauza
Daryl Krauza, formerly of Dean Mead, focuses his practice in the areas of business litigation, construction law and litigation, real estate litigation, quiet title actions, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights within the Fort Pierce, Palm Beach, Vero, and Port St. Lucie area. In his practice, he represents several financial institutions and title companies. In addition, he has litigated complex probate and trust matters and represents trustees, personal representatives, and family members in controversies regarding wills, trusts, and estates. As a former Assistant State Attorney, Daryl has extensive courtroom experience and has tried in excess of 100 jury trials.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Graduate of the St. Lucie County Leadership Program, 2009
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- The American Bar Association: Litigation Section
- The Florida Bar: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Trial Lawyers Section
- St. Lucie County Bar Association
- The Treasure Coast Builder’s Association
- Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
- Martin County Bar Association
- Justice Major B. Harding American Inn of Court
- Business Litigation can be a Long and Overwhelming Process Without Guidance, Treasure Coast Business, Spring 2020
CHARITABLE & PRO BONO
- Port St. Lucie Police Foundation – Vice President
- Big Heart Brigade of the Treasure Coast – Board of Directors
- Big Heart Brigade of St. Lucie County – Former Vice President
- Represented the Personal Representative of the estate and trustee against claims of undue influence against the Personal Representative and trustee raised by an acquaintance of the decedent. The acquaintance claimed decedent promised her a significant gift during his lifetime.
- Represented the Personal Representative of the estate and trustee of a trust that controlled a one-hundred million dollar corporation against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, undue influence, failure to provide accounting accountings, etc. raised by family members of decedent.
- Represented the personal Representative estate and trustee against claims by the decedent’s ex-wife that decedent committed fraud regarding his financial assets during his lifetime.
- Represented a Vero Beach beneficiary of a trust against the trustee of her multi-million dollar trust and brought claims of breach of fiduciary duty against the trustee, which ultimately led to the removal of the trustee.
- Defended the beneficiaries of an estate against claims raised by the personal representative that beneficiaries owed the estate several million dollars based upon promissory notes and guarantees executed during decedent’s lifetime, notwithstanding that decedent wanted debt forgiving upon his death.
- Represented the beneficiaries of multi-million dollar Jupiter Island estate by bringing claims of breach of fiduciary duty and undue influence against the decedent’s second wife who was the Personal Representative of the estate.
- Represented the co-personal representatives of an estate in a petition to determine beneficiaries and an action to recover significant assets of the estate from an acquaintance of the decedent who claimed ownership of the assets located in Stuart, Martin County, Florida.
- Represented the beneficiary of an irrevocable trust where the trustee wrongfully conveyed all the assets of the trust to a family member in an attempt to steal the funds from the beneficiary.
- Represented the beneficiaries of a St. Lucie County estate and trust against the Personal Representative of the estate and the trustee, for failure to distribute the assets to the beneficiaries, which they were entitled to receive, and for failure to provide the required accountings.