About Mr. Brown
Mark R. Brown, formerly of Arnold & Porter, concentrates in the areas of wills and trusts, domicile planning, probate administration, and sophisticated estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax, and income planning. Mr. Brown, who has practiced in Palm Beach County for over twenty-five years, earned his B.S. degree, summa cum laude, in accounting from the State University of New York at Albany and his J.D. degree from Duke University School of Law.
Mr. Brown is board certified as an expert in both Tax Law and Wills, Trusts & Estates by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in Florida.
Mr. Brown is the Chair of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar. Mark is also a Director of the Palm Beach Estate Planning Council and Chair of its Annual Estate Planning Supplement. He has served as an Officer (past Treasurer) and Director of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar, Director and Past President of the East Coast Estate Planning Council, Past President of the Palm Beach Tax Institute, and on the Business & Professional’s cabinet of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. Mr. Brown, who actively participates in pro bono activities, received formal recognition for exceptional pro bono service in 2017 from the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County.
MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS
- The Florida Bar, Chair Elect of the Tax Section
- Past President, East Coast Estate Planning Council
- The Florida Bar, Past Treasurer of the Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Past Director of Education Division of the Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Past Director of Section Administration Division of the Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Member of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Past President, Palm Beach Tax Institute
- Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates Lawyer
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Tax Law
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida
- Business and Professionals Cabinet of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- “Estate Planning with SLATs and Other Current Developments,” East Coast Estate Planning Council (April 7, 2022)
- “Estate Planning and Tax Update,” Estate Planning Council of Greater Miami 10th Annual Estate Planning Symposium (February 8, 2022)
- “Estate Planning and Tax Updates,”2021 Ullman Year in Review, Tax Section of the Florida Bar (July 2, 2021)
- “Highlights from Heckerling 2021,” Palm Beach Estate Planning Council (June 3, 2021)
- “Estate Planning and Tax Updates,” 2020 Ullman Year in Review, Tax Section of the Florida Bar (July 3, 2020)
- “Impact of New Florida Legislation on Estate Tax Planning,” Palm Beach Daily News, Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council’s 2023 Annual Estate Planning Supplement (January 8, 2023)